Malawi, me, friends, stories, and whatever else I generally find interesting that's going on in this world...

Sunday, January 13, 2008

People are assholes.... or are they made that way?

When I was 15 years old, I developed a crush on one of my best guy friends. He was oblivious and his failure to pick up on any of my signals caused me great distress. Teenage girls can often become overwhelmed with frustration and one day, while hanging out with this boy, I suddenly wailed:

“Why do you always make me feel so bad?”

My comment came completely out of the blue and I’m sure he had no idea what I was talking about. However, without missing a beat, he replied, “I only have as much power as you give me.”

Taken aback, my graceful, articulate response was simply, “Huh?”


Violent Acres' article makes for some interesting reading...


No comments: