Malawi, me, friends, stories, and whatever else I generally find interesting that's going on in this world...

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Great laughs

Been listening to Mitch Hedberg all week.
Laffin my ass off in the middle of traffic is cool. Here's a couple of lines from Mitch:

- My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said "No, but I want a regular banana later, so, Yeah."

- The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall.

- I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. There's a large out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside.

- On a traffic light yellow means yield, and green means go. On a banana, it's just the opposite, yellow means go ahead, green means stop, and red means, where'd you get that banana?

- I like buying snacks from a vending machine because food is better when it falls. Sometimes at the grocery, I'll drop a candy bar so that it will achieve its maximum flavor potential.

- You know they call corn-on-the-cob, "corn-on-the-cob", but that's how it comes out of the ground. They should just call it corn, and every other type of corn, corn-off-the-cob. It's not like if someone cut off my arm they would call it "Mitch", and then re-attached it, and call it "Mitch-all-together".

- If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptible...

- My apartment is infested with koala bears. It's the cutest infestation ever. Way better than cockroaches. When I turn on the light, a bunch of koala bears scatter, but I don't want them too. I'm like, "Hey... Hold on fellows... Let me hold one of you, and feed you a leaf." Koala bears are so cute, why do they have to be so far away from me. We need to ship a few over, so I can hold one, and pat it on its head.

- Every time I go and shave, I assume there is somebody else on the planet shaving as well, so I say, "I'm gonna go shave too."

(That last one is my personal favourite... applies to sooo many things :) )

No comments: