Malawi, me, friends, stories, and whatever else I generally find interesting that's going on in this world...

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Junkies Galore


Hunter S Thompson:
Patron saint of SOLID STATE magazine and inventor of Gonzo style journalism once said - My central memory of that time seems to hang on one or five or maybe forty nights -- or very early mornings -- when I left the Fillmore half-crazy and, instead of going home, aimed the big 650 Lightning across the Bay Bridge at a hundred miles an hour ...
Booming through the Treasure Island tunnel at the lights of Oakland and Berkeley and Richmond, not quite sure which turnoff to take when I got to the other end ... but being absolutely certain that no matter which way I went I would come to a place where people were just as high and wild as I was: no doubt at all about that. Legend.

Check out the others over at Solid State Magazine

No comments: